Science Odyssey Robot Remote BottleSumo Time Trial May 2021
We are thankful for the funding support from NSERC Science Odyssey to support this REMOTE event.
Synopsis: Be the Fastest Robot to Push the Bottles Off the Table & Survive
How to participate in our event:
- Read the BottleSumo Time Trial rules - Junior (grades 5-8) or Senior (grades 9-12)
- Build your robot - be sure to follow the size and type of robot rules
- Work through the provided workshop files in the programming language platform you use.
- EV3 Lab - graphics-based programming blocks
- EV3 Classroom - Scratch based programming
- iPad app - graphics-based programming blocks
- SPIKE PRIME - Scratch based programming
- VEX IQ (Senior teams)
- Upload a video of your best BottleSumo Time Trial and submit your scoresheet.
- Send the video link and scoresheet to us for viewing.
- Once all teams have submitted their robot rounds we will determine the winner in each age group.
- GOOD LUCK
- UPDATE: 4.28.2021 - Nova Scotia has entered a two-week lockdown and all schools have moved to online learning. We have extended our deadline to submit robot runs to June 14th, 2021.
EVENT RULES for BottleSumo Time Trial
BottleSumo Workshops were prepared for traditional head-to-head competitions, the workshops will work for the time trial event.
EVENT Workshops for BottleSumo Time Trial
- EV3 lab workshop provided by Robofest Graphics-based EV3 programming blocks.
- EV3 classroom workshop provided by Acadia Robotics - Scratch-based programming.
- iPAD EV3 workshop provided by Acadia Robotics - Graphics-based EV3 programming blocks.
- SPIKE PRIME robot kit Workshop provided by Acadia Robotics - COMING SOON
- VEX IQ
Event registration is for teams from the Maritime Provinces
Junior (grades 5-8) registration form: https://forms.gle/cwvvZBWw8r8RTwr1A
Senior (grades 9-12) registration form: https://forms.gle/68UsxkGeryTnLCh78
Join us May 1-16, 2021 for a Science Odyssey Robot BottleSumo Time Trial Event.