Event Day Need to Know
This page will be updated as the new remote competition rules and guidelines are released.
Important Information and Guidelines:
- WEATHER -The competition will not be cancelled unless Acadia University closes or the town of Wolfville declares a state of emergency. If inclement weather is expected around or on the day of the competition please arrange to come early (or stay late) to ensure safe commuting to and from the competition. To get updates on campus closures please see: http://security.acadiau.ca.
- Where to stay in Wolfville? There are many hotels in and around Wolfville. To see a list of accommodations in the area please visit the Town of Wolfville's website at http://www.wolfville.ca/planning-a-trip.html.
- The Old Orchard Inn has a block of rooms set aside for those teams wishing to book a room for the Friday before the competition. To book a discount room, mention you are attending the Acadia Robotics Competition.
- Only team members can program or build robots - Parents, coaches, and mentors are not allowed to program or build the robots. If parents, coaches, or mentors work on the robot the team may be disqualified from winning any awards or moving onto the World Championships.
- No Visitors to the Team Pit Area - Please respect that the team members are under pressure and we only have room on our gym floor for Teams and registered Volunteers.
- NO FIRST® LEGO® League Challenge Challenge Mats are allowed on the Pit floor - due to safety reasons and the increased team numbers at the Gym, absolutely no mats are allowed to be set up on Pit floor. There will be practice tables for FIRST® LEGO® League Challenge teams in the back of the gym.
- Robot Programming - Participants cannot use Wifi, Bluetooth, or any other wireless communications to program or work on their robots the day of the competition.
- Robotics Merchandise for Sale - bags, water bottles, hats, pencil cases, etc. -All day at the Gym. We can only accept CASH so please remember to bring change if you want to buy something. There will also be some older promotional material for FREE!
- Snacks and juice can be purchased from the Gym vending machines. Vending machines are cash only. A concession stand may be open during the hours of our competition.
Results to be posted on this website 3 days after the championship competitions.