Event Day Need to Know
Important Information and Guidelines:
- WEATHER -The competition will not be cancelled unless Acadia University closes or the town of Wolfville declares a state of emergency. If inclement weather is expected around or on the day of the competition, please arrange to come early (or stay late) to ensure safe commuting to and from the competition. To get updates on campus closures please see: http://security.acadiau.ca.
- Mask Policy - Masks are REQUIRED during all events to respect the health and safety of participants, spectators, and volunteers. Mask removal is permitted when eating, drinking, presenting, or in the case of a medical exemption.
- Where to stay in Wolfville? There are many hotels in and around Wolfville. To see a list of accommodations in the area please visit the Town of Wolfville's website at https://wolfville.ca/about-wolfville/visit-wolfville.
- Only team members can program or build robots - Parents, coaches, and mentors are not allowed to program or build the robots. If parents, coaches, or mentors work on the robot the team may be disqualified from winning any awards or moving onto the World Championships.
- No Visitors to the Team Pit Area - Please respect that team members are working under pressure, and that the gym floor only has room for Teams and registered Volunteers.
- No FIRST® LEGO® League Challenge Mats are allowed on the Pit floor - due to safety reasons and the increased team numbers at the Gym, absolutely no mats are allowed to be set up on the Pit floor. There will be practice tables for FIRST® LEGO® League Challenge teams in the back of the gym, and at the B.A.C..
- Robot Programming - Only teams requiring a Bluetooth connection to program their robot are permitted to do so; however, misuse of Bluetooth for remote operation during challenges will result in immediate disqualification. Bluetooth must be turned off during the game, and always by teams who do not require it. Robot names relevant to individual teams are necessary for efficient pairing.
- Recording Robot Runs - You can find how to record your Robofest runs by clicking here.
- Robotics Merchandise for Sale - bags, water bottles, hats, pencil cases, etc. will be available for purchase at the Gym. We can only accept CASH, so please remember to bring change if you intend to make a purchase. There will also be limited older promotional material available for FREE
- Snacks and Juice can be purchased from the Gym Vending Machines. Vending machines are cash only. A concession stand may be open during the hours of our competition.
Results to be posted on this website 3 days after the championship competitions award ceremony.