Without the wonderful commitment of the volunteer team, the Robot Programming Competitions (RPC) could not be held. The program depends on over 100 volunteers to assist with a wide range of tasks.
All Volunteers at the Acadia Robot Programming Competition will receive:
- Training or instruction in their chosen role
- A clipboard containing information needed for the day
- A distinctive t-shirt for your assigned role
- Lunch and refreshments
- A Certificate of Participation and small give-aways
There are a number of volunteer positions to be filled each year.
- A list of the positions for FIRST® LEGO® League (FLL) can be found HERE.
- A list of the positions for Robofest can be found HERE
Please note: Due to the age of our competitors we require volunteers to be 18 years of age or older by the current season's competition date.
FIRST® LEGO® League Jr. High/Middle School Volunteers:
To register as volunteer for the 2019/20 season competition to be held on Saturday, February 15, 2020, or an NSCC Qualifying Event, you will need to:
1. Register through FIRST's Website (firstinspires.org) and will require a Canadian Criminal background check through myBackCheck.com. You will be able to choose a Volunteer Role and choose an Event.
If for any reason you are unable to register through firstinspires.org, please download the WALK-ON RELEASE FORM and fax to 902-585-1067 or scan and email to Jenna Watson-Findely, Robotics Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org) THEN GO to Step 2.
Before you go to the login page, please download and review the Volunteer Registration User Guide
- If you had a Canadian Criminal Records Check done within 24 months you can email this to safetyFIRST@usfirst.org or fax it to 1-603-666-3907.
- You will be directed to myBackCheck.com and open a separate account.
- the Canadian Criminal Records Check completed here is done through the RCMP.
- There is no cost to you.
- Please have your Driver's Licence and SIN when you start the process.
- This is valid with FIRST® for 3 years and also can be used for any other volunteer work you do.
2. Sign a Consent and Release form:
- Acadia Faculty and Staff Volunteers are not required to sign Acadia's Consent and Release Form. To register as a volunteer for FIRST® LEGO® League please complete the FIRST VIMS registration and screening for Criminal Records Check outlined above and then register for our event.
- All FIRST® LEGO® League volunteers need to sign the FIRST Consent and Release form HERE.
- NON Faculty and Staff - Acadia University's Championship Event - Please sign the Acadia Consent and Release form by going HERE.
ROBOFEST High School Competition (HRC) Volunteers:
- To register as a Volunteer for Robofest on Sunday, February 16, 2020 sign-up HERE
- Acadia Faculty and Staff Volunteers are not required to sign a Acadia's Consent and Release Form.
- NON Faculty and Staff - Acadia University's Championship Event - Electronically sign the Consent and Release form by going HERE.
- Download and sign ROBOFEST Release and Waiver and fax to 902-585-1067 or scan and email to Jenna Watson-Findley, Robotics Coordinator (email@example.com).
General Event Volunteers (not FIRST® LEGO® League or Robofest specific):
- Volunteer to help out with a variety of tasks at the Acadia Championships.
- Acadia Faculty and Staff Volunteers are not required to sign Acadia's Consent and Release Form.
- NON Faculty and Staff - Acadia University's Championship Event - Sign the Consent and Release form by going HERE.