FIRST LEGO League CHALLENGE Championship Registration
Acadia Robotics Championships May 2021
FIRST® LEGO® League CHALLENGE teams will advance directly to the championship event, we will not be hosting a regional advancement competition this year. A Practice Event will be hosted the week of February 21-27, 2021.
- February 21st - All game rounds uploaded to FIRST Remote Hub
- February 25th - School day only team judging sessions
- February 27th - All other team judging sessions
More details on the May 2021 championship will be provided once dates, and schedules are confirmed. We will email all coaches and volunteer details of our event and post the information on this webpage.
This information is for TEAMS that have advanced from one of the regional qualifying events.
- things to do and team information to prepare before Acadia Championship:
- NEW 2021 only: A cheque made payable to Acadia University - $125.00
- MAIL to Acadia before February 5, 2021 NOTE: Registration fees are NON-REFUNDABLE
- Your Team Information Sheet Download Sheet.
- Mail, email, or fax to Acadia before December 31st, 2020
- Sign an Acadia Release form for every participant (including coaches)
- download a paper copy of Acadia's Release Form. Mail, email, or fax to Acadia by December 31st, 2020.
- Robot Design Executive Summary (recommended for Acadia University Championship)
- Download sheet - you are not required to pass anything in to Judges.
- New 2020-21 season: A FIRST Release Form, is required and must be completed online by inviting the parents
- A Core Values' Poster is not mandatory for the our championship - please review FIRST's Core Values. In the judging session, you team will be asked to perform an activity together and then be asked questions relating to Teamwork and the Core Values of FIRST. Core Values judging is part of your team's day at our championship, judging doesn't just happen in the judging rooms, our judges are on the look out for teams that showcase the FIRST Core Values all day.
|REGISTRATION FOR THE 2020-2021 year will start in June 2020!|
The new 2020-21 Robotics season is now underway! This year's theme is RePLAY®!
FIRST LEGO League Challenge Team Registration opened May 2020. Team Registration DEADLINE is November 20, 2020.
Challenge Release date August 1, 2020- Link for the new challenge will be active in August 2020.
Interested in starting a new FIRST LEGO League CHALLENGE team?
Register your team here:
Choose "log in" from the website: https://my.firstinspires.org/AccountManger/Account/Register
Follow the detailed online instructions.
If you have any problems, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Helpful hints for REGISTERING A TEAM:
- Each team is required to have TWO SCREENED adult coaches. Coach screening (Youth Protection Program) is done through the FIRSTInspires registration process (at no cost).
- Ordering robot kits and field set up kits can happen as soon as you have two coaches registered in the system and pay the team registration fee. (*If you are a LEGO Foundation team, Do Not Order Your Product Yet – wait for confirmation from ACADIA ROBOTICS.)
- Once both coaches are screened you can then invite team members to join your team.
PAYMENT: Please use this information as a guide.
- PAY REGISTRATION with FIRST LEGO League. The link to pricing information: http://www.firstinspires.org/robotics/fll/cost-and-registration (Registration cost is $225 USD plus $42 USD for shipping of print material. Registration fees can be paid online by Visa). Updated: May 29, 2020.
- Teams will need to order the Challenge Set after they pay their registration fee, details on cost is provided after registration is paid. Teams will contact Spectrum Nasco to order their challenge kits at a cost of $75 USD. Updated: May 29, 2020.
- Teams are required to use LEGO robot kits: EV3 Mindstorms, SPIKE PRIME, or the older NXT kits.
Other Costs and Qualifiers:
- For official table building instructions and other resources: http://www.firstinspires.org/resource-library (Estimated cost to build is $80)
- (No Qualifiers in 2020/21 Season!) Each of the 5 Nova Scotia Community Colleges will host a Qualifying Event in November and December. You register your team for this qualifier through the Acadia Robotics website http://robots.acadiau.ca/fll-infoqualifiers.html You will attend this qualifier at a N.S. Community College campus located nearest you. There may be a fee for these regional competitions, details will be provide by the NSCC regional coordinator. In the past the cost is a $100 refundable cheque to the NSCC Campus (a deposit to secure your spot).
- (No Qualifiers in 2020/21 Season!)Registration for the qualifiers will take place around the beginning of October. Click here for the dates of the qualifiers nearest you http://robots.acadiau.ca/fll-infoqualifiers.html
Acadia Robotics FLL Challenge Championship will be held in May 2021 – Fee $125 (2021 only) At which time, you can make any name changes.