FIRST LEGO League CHALLENGE Championship Registration
Acadia Robotics Championships February 2023
Please see our Championship event page for more details
This information is for TEAMS that have advanced from one of the regional qualifying events.
Things to do and team information to prepare before Acadia Championship:
- A cheque made payable to Acadia University - $175.00
- MAIL to Acadia before December 16th, 2022 NOTE: Registration fees are NON-REFUNDABLE
- Sign an Acadia Release form for every participant (including coaches)
- download a paper copy of Acadia's Release Form. Mail, email, or fax to Acadia by December 31st, 2022.
- 2022-23 season: A FIRST Release Form, is required and must be completed online by inviting the parents
- Robot Design Executive Summary (recommended for Acadia University Championship)
- Download sheet - you are not required to pass anything in to Judges.
- Please review FIRST's Core Values. In the judging session, you team will be asked questions relating to Teamwork and the Core Values of FIRST. Core Values judging is part of your team's day at our championship, judging doesn't just happen in the judging rooms. Our judges are on the look out for teams that showcase the FIRST Core Values all day.
|REGISTRATION FOR THE 2022-2023 year will start in June 2022!|
The Robotics season is now underway! This year's theme is SUPERPOWERED®!
FIRST LEGO League Challenge Team Registration is now CLOSED . Team Registration DEADLINE is September 30th, 2022.
Challenge Release date August 1, 2022- Link for the new challenge will be active in August 2022.
Interested in starting a new FIRST LEGO League CHALLENGE team?
Register your team here:
Choose "log in" from the website: https://www.firstinspires.org/
Follow the detailed online instructions.
If you have any problems, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Helpful hints for REGISTERING A TEAM:
- Each team is required to have TWO SCREENED adult coaches. Coach screening (Youth Protection Program) is done through the FIRSTInspires registration process (at no cost).
- Ordering robot kits and field set up kits can happen as soon as you have two coaches registered in the system and pay the team registration fee.
- Once both coaches are screened you can then invite team members to join your team.
If coaches have online releases troubles, please contact Jenna Watson-Findley
PAYMENT: Please use this information as a guide.
- PAY REGISTRATION with FIRST LEGO League. The link to pricing information: http://www.firstinspires.org/robotics/fll/cost-and-registration (Registration cost is $225 USD plus $42 USD for shipping of print material. Registration fees can be paid online by Visa). Updated: May 29, 2021.
- Teams will need to order the Challenge Set after they pay their registration fee, details on cost is provided after registration is paid. Teams will contact Spectrum Nasco to order their challenge kits at a cost of $75 USD.
- Teams are required to use LEGO robot kits: EV3 Mindstorms, SPIKE PRIME, or the older NXT kits.
Other Costs and Qualifiers:
- For official table building instructions and other resources: http://www.firstinspires.org/resource-library (Estimated cost to build is $80)
- Each of the 5 Nova Scotia Community Colleges (NSCC) will host a Qualifying Event in November and December. You register your team for this qualifier through the Acadia Robotics website http://robots.acadiau.ca/fll-infoqualifiers.html You will attend the qualifier at a NSCC campus located nearest you. There may be a fee for these regional competitions, details will be provide by the NSCC regional coordinator. In the past, the cost is a $100 refundable cheque to the NSCC Campus (a deposit to secure your spot).
- Registration for the qualifiers will take place around the beginning of October. Click here for the dates of the qualifiers nearest you http://robots.acadiau.ca/fll-infoqualifiers.html
Acadia Robotics FLL Challenge Championship in February – Fee $175. At which time, you can make any name changes.