FIRST LEGO League Registration
The new 2018-19 Robotics season is now underway! This year's theme is Into Orbit®!
FIRST LEGO League Team Registration opens Friday, May 11, 2018. Team Registration DEADLINE is September 30, 2018.
Challenge Release date August 1, 2018 - Click here for the Into Orbit Challenge! - Check this link often for game updates.
Interested in starting a new FIRST LEGO League team?
Register your team here:
Follow the detailed online instructions.
If you have any problems, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Helpful hints for REGISTERING A TEAM:
- Each team is required to have TWO SCREENED adult coaches. Coach screening (Youth Protection Program) is done through the FIRSTInspires registration process (at no cost).
- Ordering robot kits and field set up kits can happen as soon as you have two coaches registered in the system and pay the team registration fee. (*If you are a LEGO Foundation team, Do Not Order Your Product Yet – wait for confirmation from ACADIA ROBOTICS.)
- Once both coaches are screened you can then invite team members to join your team.
- PAY REGISTRATION with FIRST LEGO League. The link to pricing information: http://www.firstinspires.org/robotics/fll/cost-and-registration (Registration cost is $299 USD. Registration fees can be paid online by Visa).
- The registration fee includes the cost of team registration and the Challenge Set. The cost of the EV3 set available for purchase by teams and Partners has been reduced to $439.
Other Costs and Qualifiers:
- For official table building instructions and other resources: http://www.firstinspires.org/resource-library (Estimated cost to build is $80)
- Each of the 5 Nova Scotia Community Colleges will host a Qualifying Event in November and December. You register your team for this qualifier through the Acadia Robotics website http://robots.acadiau.ca/fll-infoqualifiers.html You will attend this qualifier at a N. S. Community College campus located nearest you. The cost is a $100 refundable cheque to the NSCC Campus (a deposit to secure your spot).
- Registration for the qualifiers will take place around the beginning of October. Click here for the dates of the qualifiers nearest you http://robots.acadiau.ca/fll-infoqualifiers.html
Acadia Robotics Championships will be held Saturday, February 16, 2019 – Fee $175 (if your team qualifies at the NSCC Qualifiers) The information you entered into the Acadia Robotics website for the qualifier will be changed to the Acadia Robotics Championship, at which time, you can make any name changes.
FOR ALL QUALIFYING TEAMS - things to have ready before Acadia Championship:
- MAIL to Acadia before December 14th, 2018, A cheque made payable to Acadia University - $175**
- Mail, email, or fax to Acadia before December 31st, 2018 FIVE (5) copies of your Team Information Sheet Download Sheet.
- Sign an Acadia Release form for every participant (including coaches) download a paper copy of Acadia's Release Form. Mail, email, or fax to Acadia by December 31st, 2018.
- A FIRST Release Form, is required but would have been signed at the NSCC Qualifying event which has been forwarded to Acadia, or it can be done onine by inviting the parents.
- A Core Values' Poster is not mandatory for the NSCC Qualifiers or the Acadia Championship (It is a World Festival Requirement) - please review FIRST's Core Values. In the judging session, your team will be asked to perform an activity together and then be asked questions relating to Teamwork and Core Values of FIRST.
- Robot Design Executive Summary (recommended for Acadia University Championship) Download sheet - you are not required to pass anything in to Judges.
**Acadia Registration Fee is non-refundable. This fee is used to pay for team materials that cannot be reused.